Thursday, October 2, 2014

Here's To New Beginnings

On September 29th, 
I received the phone call I've been waiting for.
Almost ten months, I have been unemployed. 
Don't get me wrong I love the kids I babysit for, 
But I really hate not having a stable income.
So that afternoon, 
I received the phone call that a position was mine if I wanted it.
I immediately broke down crying.
I was offered a part-time position with Ulta (Patchogue), as a  Fragrance Consultant.
I'm so excited to start this next chapter in my life. 
It's by far the greatest thing that's happened to me in a very long time. 
Even so, that Rob (my relatively new boyfriend) took me out to dinner and was so excited for me.
He works at a Deli and it just so happened he had done a double shift that day. 
So he got in at 5am and left at 8pm. 
We usually just hang out, make dinner, watch some movies and pass out. 
Instead he didn't even go home to shower
All he wanted to do was hear all about my new job. 
I feel pretty Damn good.
A wonderful, supportive and simply amazing boyfriend
And a pretty incredible new job. 
Saturday is my official start day
And I'm so excited. 

On other subjects,
I was reading my Facebook news feed and came across a friends "shared" post.
It was about the Top 40 abandoned but beautiful places throughout the world  
I was curious and read through it.
Some looked very scary like a scary movie but than there were some that absolutely just took your breathe away.
Than I came across the Disneyland Discovery Island. It closed on April 8th 1999.
What's ironic about it is that 10 months before 
My family and friends and I were there 
Celebrating my 8th birthday. 
For years we would go down to Disney for my birthday.
I remember how it always rained.
This particular trip we went on, 
Of course it rained
But we always made the best of it.
There was a roller coaster going around the tree
There was little boat rides throughout the lake
And than we had birthday cake under the little bamboo hut type overhang
It was awesome
Of course there was also hula girls dancing too.
Looking back I really feel terrible for them.
Dancing in the rain, thunder and lighting
I hope they got at least overtime type pay.
We'll moving on to present day.
Mike was always on the trips too, with his family.
So after I read the article 
I put my phone down and just did ordinary things. 
I flipped my TV channel to the music station.
Immediately the song ends and another came on.
The song was "Come To Me" by the Goo Goo Dolls.
It was Mike and his fiancés song.
My eyes quickly go to his picture on my fridge. 
I could swear it sparkled. 
Than I got all the shivers.
It was Mike.
Reminiscing about our Disney adventures and looking through the pictures. 
It's still the hardest thing in the world
To acknowledge that he isn't here anymore.
That I have to live without my "Big Brother". 
No more hugs
No more kisses
No more crazy random moments
No more fights
No more making up
I'll never see him again
At least not in this world.
But when I do,
I even told him,
His ass will be kicked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment